- Mar 27 2024
- 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Scene Workshop for Screenwriters and Playwrights
A monthly Table Read for screenwriters and playwrights. One of the most powerful and effective ways to improve your writing is to hear it as actors/writers read your pages. This table read is designed for beginning to professional writers.
The event is scheduled for the third Tuesday of each month at 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm local Phoenix time.
- * Submit Pages no later than the Monday before the Tuesday event for a formatting check. If the script is not formatted for a table read, the writer will be notified and resources shared on how to improve the readability. If the script passes for a read, the writer will be notified.
- * The email address to submit will be communicated in the Meet Up comments section one week before the event.
- * Feedback Passes:
- * First pass: Writer will remain on mute while all feedback is given.
- * Second Pass: Writer will answer questions from their audience. No debate or arguing.
- * Third Pass: Writer may ask questions of their audience to understand notes given. No debating or arguing.
- * Up to 15 pages maximum will be considered for a read. This does not include the Title Page.
- * The writer will prepare a list of characters BEFORE the table read. Actors will be assigned once the event begins. The writer can quickly assign readers to characters if they have their list ready BEFORE the table read. This list will be dropped into the chat for actors to refer to.
- * To provide feedback, ask questions or give suggestions for improvement:
- * Readers will place in the chat during the event: “NOTES”, “QUESTION” , “PITCH”
- * The moderator will coordinate based on the chat comments and which pass is being considered.